Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Average

I have a monthly scorecard where I have four employees and how many pieces of
work they completed in that month. I then get an average of how many pieces
are done a month by dividing the total amount by 4. It has been brought to my
attention one of the four employees only does this part of the process 80% of
the time. How do I get an accurate average now knowing that the fourth
employee is only doing this process 80 % of the time and not a 100 % like the
others. If I do the average as I have been, the fourth employee with 80% is
bring the average down.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jen_T wrote:
I have a monthly scorecard where I have four employees and how many pieces of
work they completed in that month. I then get an average of how many pieces
are done a month by dividing the total amount by 4. It has been brought to my
attention one of the four employees only does this part of the process 80% of
the time. How do I get an accurate average now knowing that the fourth
employee is only doing this process 80 % of the time and not a 100 % like the
others. If I do the average as I have been, the fourth employee with 80% is
bring the average down.

Total divided by 3.8

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, that simple! Assume you have three employees, one at 90%, one at 80% and
one at 60%. You would divide the total by (0.9 + 0.8 + 0.6) or (2.3) to get
your adjusted average.

Jen_T wrote:
Is it something simple like that....? So if I had 6 employees, one at 70% I
would divide my 5.7?

"Glenn" wrote:

Total divided by 3.8