Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula to add year to date figures

This was previously discussed but needs additional clarification,
sheet1 (WS1) represents 2008 monthly expense figures from Jan-Dec in cells
A1:L1 and M1 is the total for the year. Sheet 2 (WS2) is exactly the same but
represents 2009 expenses. All cells are laid out the same as WS1. Sheet 3
(WS3) also represents the 2009 expenses and is laid out the same as the first
two worksheets with 2 changes, first the Jan - Dec cells (A1:L1) are linked
to WS2 and secondly cell N1 WS3 represents the year to date (YTD) sum of
(A1:L1) of WS1. So when I enter my expenses into WS2 for the month of January
2009, I would like WS3 cell N1 to give me only the January (A1) expense from
WS1. Likewise when I enter my expenses for Feb 2009 into cell b1 of WS2, I
would like cell N1 of WS3 to give me the sum of Jan and Feb (A1+B1) of WS1
and so on. Your discussion group gave me the following formula however I am
getting a circular reference,
N1: =sum(offset(WS1!A1,0,0,1,countif(a1:L1,"0")). I appreciate your help
again.
--
Brian