Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data Valadation

I am using data validation and this is working. But, now I have one more
thing to do question. I want the Phone number to pop up in another area on
the form. I assume that I have to put the phone number in a separate column.

Example: I have a customer number I use to match and it pulls up the 3 Ship
To Address that works just fine, but after I choose the address if I want the
phone number associated with the Ship To address I have chosen to show up a
few lines down and not pop up the phone number for all 3 Ship To Address is
that possible?

Right now I use the same customer Id for all related Ship To address for this
one customer. I know that if I use a different code like

W224A = SHIP TO ADDRESS 1
W224B = SHIP TO ADDRESS 1
W224C = SHIP TO ADDRESS 1

This would work and pop up the phone number associated with each Ship To
Address for each code but however I want the display to be W224 and not show
W224A, W224B, ETC.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How are you choosing a specific address? Is each address unique in the
source data?
If so, you could use a VLookup formula to pull the phone number for the
selected address. For example, if shipping address is in column B and
phone is in column D:

=VLOOKUP(J7,B2:D100,3,0)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

To reiterate Debra's question - when you pick a Customer # how does Excel
know which one of the three ship to addresses to use?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire