Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default count spacing violations between values in column

Hi, I can export to Excel 2007 a sequence of orders to be processed
sequentially. Each row shows an order's content -each attributes in a
separate column. Each order requires a minimum spacing for each attribute and
I wish to count the number of spacing violations for each attribute in a
sequence of orders to be processed, e.g.

Att1 Att2 Att3
Min Spacing (1 in 2) (1 in 3) (1 in 4)
Order #
1 Att1
2 Att2 Att3
3 Att1
4 Att1
5 Att2 Att3
6 Att1
7 Att1 Att3
Violations 2 1 2

Att 1 spacing is violated on Order 4 and 7 because the spacing of Att1 is
less than 1 in 2.
Att2 spacing is violated once on order 7 (where the spacing is les than i in
3).
Att 3 spacing is violated on order 5 and order 7 (both have spacing less
than 1 in 4).

How can I automate calculation of the number of spacing violations for long
sequences of orders?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe its just me, but I don't understand where the spacing violations are
coming from because I don't understand from your data what spacing is? Nor
what 1 in 3 means?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire