Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default tricky if statement

I need an If statement that if AO=T subtract .5 from P otherwise do nothing.
Suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you mean this:

=IF(AO1="T",P1-0.5,P1)

or it could be:

=IF(AO1=T1,P1-0.5,P1)

In future postings, please make the cell references more clear.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 30, 7:03*pm, Tanya Berfield
wrote:
I need an If statement that if AO=T subtract .5 from P otherwise do nothing.
Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tanya Berfield wrote:
I need an If statement that if AO=T subtract .5 from P otherwise do nothing.
Suggestions?

To ensure that you get the answer you need, it would be best to provide sample
data and the result you are expecting. Include the location of the data in your
example.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I thought that did it but not quite. In P i have total hours worked, if AO
shows T (true) and P is more than 5 i need to deduct .5 - am i missing any
info?

"Tanya Berfield" wrote:

I need an If statement that if AO=T subtract .5 from P otherwise do nothing.
Suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tanya Berfield wrote:
I thought that did it but not quite. In P i have total hours worked, if AO
shows T (true) and P is more than 5 i need to deduct .5 - am i missing any
info?

A complete cell reference has a column letter and a row number (A1 through
IV65536 until the most recent version). So, in exactly what cells are each of
these pieces of information?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome.

Pete

wrote:
I need an If statement that if AO=T subtract .5 from P otherwise do nothing.
Suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ah, spoke too soon !!

I think you are using my first suggestion, and you will need to amend
it to this:

=IF(AO1="T",IF(P15,P1-0.5,P1),P1)

Hope this helps.

Pete