Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Match Function

I have an Excel Workbook with 2 worksheets. One is lable A and the other one
is B.

In each worksheet there is a several columns A - L. In the first two
columns of each work sheet is two columns on with a date and one with a time.
Typically it will say Column A2 = 1/27/08 and B2: 1115. What I would like
to do is take the date and time from worksheet A then look on Worksheet B for
the same Date and time match and then copy the entire row from B to the
correct matching row on A.
So essentially I will have a row that has matching data from each table
combined to 1 worksheet so all data is lined up. This WorkSheet B data
should append to Column M with the rest lining up in order to the right.

Additionally, If there is no matching data it will just be a blank on the
row from column M right.

Thanks for any help. I looked this up and cannot find a solution.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Suppose the data starts in cell A1 on both sheets and the data you want to
see in M is in column C, and then everything to the right. You didn't give
us all the details.

=OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$1,MATCH($A1&$B1,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$1 5&Sheet2!$B$1:$B$15,0)-1,COLUMN(B1))

This is an array formula so you must enter it by pressing Shift+Ctrl+Enter
not Enter.

Put this in M1 and copy it to the right and down.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire