Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula needed that rounds to 99 cents

I have costs in column A, that I want to mark up and multiply by a factor of
2 or 3 in varying cases. However I want to the result to end with .99 cents
as opposed to whatever change it will be i.e.

A B C
costs price formula desired price
16.50 =3*A3 49.99
13.50 =3*A4 40.99

Any ideas, I thought something along the lines fo the ceiling function would
work, but I am not certain.

Any help is appreciated thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

jwbuyer wrote:
I have costs in column A, that I want to mark up and multiply by a factor of
2 or 3 in varying cases. However I want to the result to end with .99 cents
as opposed to whatever change it will be i.e.

A B C
costs price formula desired price
16.50 =3*A3 49.99
13.50 =3*A4 40.99

Any ideas, I thought something along the lines fo the ceiling function would
work, but I am not certain.

Any help is appreciated thanks

=ROUND(A1*3,0)-0.01

or

=ROUNDUP(A1*3,0)-0.01

Depending upon the desired result for 13.4 as cost...39.99 with ROUND(), 40.99
with ROUNDUP().
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
Not sure if you always want .99 but try this; =CEILING(B7,1)-0.01
Adjust cell # to your needs.
HTH
John