Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum a column of filtered data

I filter data based on labels in column H. I want to sum the the associated
data in column G. How do I do it? If I use tha basic sum function, it sums
all the unfiltered data in the column.
--
Don Z
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use this:

=SUBTOTAL(9,G2:G100)

or whatever your range is. You can use 109 insted of 9 if you have
manually hidden some rows. Other numbers can be used instead of 9 for
other functions (COUNT, COUNTA etc) - see XL Help on SUBTOTAL for a
complete list.

Hope this helps.

Pete