Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I WANT TO USE =IF(AND(),IF(AND(),IF(AND()).

i want to use if(and) function more than one time. how long can i use this
function in a formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can nest up to 7 deep, anything after that will fail.

Mike

"gopal sharma" wrote:

i want to use if(and) function more than one time. how long can i use this
function in a formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are a number of ways of overcoming the limit of 7 nested
functions. Why don't you describe what you want to do, and I'm sure
you'll get a number of suggestions as to how to achieve that.

Pete

On Jan 27, 6:58*pm, gopal sharma <gopal
wrote:
i want to use if(and) function more than one time. how long can i use this
function in a formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

For the IF you can nest it 7 levels deep in 2003 and earlier, in 2007 you
can nest 64 levels deep. However, often you can beat these limits by using
VLOOKUP or by concatenating the IF's. =IF(A12,B,"")&IF(A5,15,"") and so
on.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"gopal sharma" wrote:

i want to use if(and) function more than one time. how long can i use this
function in a formula.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:
i want to use if(and) function more than one time. how long can i use this
function in a formula.- Hide quoted text -

hi,
my name is Gopal Sharma. i have posted this question yesterday. if it
is possible please explain it by an example. i have used this function
but it was not working.
right now i have solved this formula and it is working properly. here
is an example what i have wrote--
IF(AND(LOGICAL 1,LOGICAL 2),(VALUE IF TRUE),IF(AND(LOGICAL 1,LOGICAL
2),(VALUE IF TRUE),IF(AND(LOGICAL 1,LOGICAL 2),(VALUE IF TRUE),VALUE
IF FALSE))).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's an example based on an earlier posting:

=IF(A2=B2,"Equal",IF(A2-B2=1,"One Less",IF(A2B2,"More than 1
Less","Greater")))

But I still don't know what your real problem is - give some details
here about what you want to achieve.

Hope this helps.

Pete