Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cell Groupings

I am currently making an Excel spreadsheet of all of my baseball cards
(several thousand). After I put them in, I want to sort by name. I have
information such as the Name, Team Name, Year, and Brand of card in different
columns. I want to group all of the information together for each Row so all
the information travels together when I sort by name. Does anyone know how
to do this?

EXAMPLE:
Column A B
C D

Row 7: Sheets, Ben Milwaukee Brewers 2008 Topps
Row 8: Marmol, Carlos Chicago Cubs 2008 Topps

I want the Sheets, Ben, Milwaukee Brewers 2008 and Topps to all group
together when I sort. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just select all the columns when you do the sort. So if you sort by name or
by team, all the data on the row will move with the column being sorted.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200829

"J. Glynn" wrote:

I am currently making an Excel spreadsheet of all of my baseball cards
(several thousand). After I put them in, I want to sort by name. I have
information such as the Name, Team Name, Year, and Brand of card in different
columns. I want to group all of the information together for each Row so all
the information travels together when I sort by name. Does anyone know how
to do this?

EXAMPLE:
Column A B
C D

Row 7: Sheets, Ben Milwaukee Brewers 2008 Topps
Row 8: Marmol, Carlos Chicago Cubs 2008 Topps

I want the Sheets, Ben, Milwaukee Brewers 2008 and Topps to all group
together when I sort. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To keep all the columns of each row together, you need to select all
the columns (or at least all the columns you want to keep together).
Then, open the Sort dialog (from the Data menu) and select the
column(s) that will be used as the keys for the sort. For example, if
your data is in columns A to K and you want to sort by the values in
column C, select columns A to K, open the Sort dialog, and choose C as
the first sort key.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional