Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HOW CAN I SET UP IF AMOUNT IN COL A = 0 THEN ADD B COL

Hi can anyone help me I am trying to work out a VAT return short cut
if my col A has a total of 0.00 in it I want to add its number next door in B
i.e. a1 2.50 b1 3.50 a2 0.00 b2 4.40 a3 3.00 b3 2.00
total I am looking for is 4.40 I hope this makes sense
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure if this is what you want, but how about

=SUMIF(A1:A3,0,B1:B3)

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"a babe in need" wrote:

Hi can anyone help me I am trying to work out a VAT return short cut
if my col A has a total of 0.00 in it I want to add its number next door in B
i.e. a1 2.50 b1 3.50 a2 0.00 b2 4.40 a3 3.00 b3 2.00
total I am looking for is 4.40 I hope this makes sense

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No, this doesn't make much sense to me. If your data is laid out as it
would appear, you would have this:

2.50 3.50
0.00 4.40
3.00 2.00

Do you want to total cells from column B when column A is zero?

If so, then try this:

=SUMIF(A:A,0,B:B)

If not, then please explain your requirements more fully.

Pete

On Jan 26, 10:01*pm, a babe in need <a babe in
wrote:
Hi *can anyone help me I am trying to work out a VAT return short cut
if my col A has a total of 0.00 in it I want to add its number next door in B
i.e. * *a1 *2.50 * *b1 * *3.50 * * *a2 0.00 *b2 4.40 * *a3 *3.00 * *b3 * 2.00
total I am looking for is 4.40 *I hope this makes sense

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Doesn't make sense to me.

Where do you want the total of 4.40 to be entered and how is it derived?

I see no pattern in the column B values that are dependent upon column A
values.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP