Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I combine the contents of two columns?

I have two columns in Excel 2003 containing address information:

Column 1 Column 2
123 Main Street

How can I combine these into a new column that will state "123 Main St."?

I will appreciate advice.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

use CONCATENATE function
or
= A1&" "&B1

On Jan 27, 12:47*am, Robert Judge
wrote:
I have two columns in Excel 2003 containing address information:

Column 1 * * * * * * * * * * * *Column 2
123 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Main Street

How can I combine these into a new column that will state "123 Main St."?

I will appreciate advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Several ways:
1. in col 3 =a2 & " " & b2. Then copy/paste as values and delete columns no
longer needed
or
2.

for each in range("a2:a22")
c.value=c and " " & c.offset(1)
next
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Robert Judge" wrote in message
I have two columns in Excel 2003 containing address information:

Column 1 Column 2
123 Main Street

How can I combine these into a new column that will state "123 Main St."?

I will appreciate advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If "123" is in A2 and "Main Street" is in B2, then in another column enter
=A2&" "&B2

If you want St. instead of Street, select column, then use Edit Replace
to change it.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Robert Judge" wrote:

I have two columns in Excel 2003 containing address information:

Column 1 Column 2
123 Main Street

How can I combine these into a new column that will state "123 Main St."?

I will appreciate advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

With a choice between
=A1&" "&B1
and
=CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1)
I would opt for the first one ontil Microsoft allows us to use it like this:
=CONCATENATE(A1:B1)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire