merlin68

Default How to combine conditional format with formula ?

I use following data :

here is formula for remark column
=IF(K10<0;"STOP";IF(K90;"GO";"STOP"))

DATA REMARK
-147 (K9) STOP
+300 (K10) GO

and I´d like to put into remark the dot sign from wingdings2 font color red
for STOP, otherwise dot signe from wingdigs font color green for GO

Pls help me how to combine together

Thanks / Juraj
Max

Try this ..

Assuming you have:

in L9: =IF(K10<0,"STOP",IF(K90,"GO","STOP"))
and L9 is copied down to L10

(So L9 returns: STOP, and L10 returns: GO for the sample data)

Put in the adjacent cell M9: =CHAR(ROW($A$152))
Copy down to M10

Select M9:M10
Format as: Wingdings 2
(this displays the "dots" in the default font color)

Now to make the dots change to red/green for STOP/GO

With M9:M10 still selected
Click Fornat Conditional Formatting

Condition1:
Formula Is | =L9="STOP"
Click Format Font tab Red / bold OK

Condition 2:
Formula Is | =L9="GO"
Click Format Font tab Green / bold OK

Click OK at the main dialog

M9:M10 will display the desired red / green dots
--
Rgds
Max
"merlin68" wrote in message
I use following data :

here is formula for remark column
=IF(K10<0;"STOP";IF(K90;"GO";"STOP"))

DATA REMARK
-147 (K9) STOP
+300 (K10) GO

and I´d like to put into remark the dot sign from wingdings2 font color

red
for STOP, otherwise dot signe from wingdigs font color green for GO

Pls help me how to combine together

Thanks / Juraj

merlin68

Thanks Max, works really nice .. have a nice day from Slovakia .. Juraj
BTW: hav you got any experiences with pivot ?
I have one problem and not being able to find any answer:
- in pivot table I would appreciate to show me only rows f.e. without zeros
in data column and I do not know how to do it ...

€žMax" napÃ*sal (napÃ*sala):

"merlin68" wrote in message
I use following data :

here is formula for remark column
=IF(K10<0;"STOP";IF(K90;"GO";"STOP"))

DATA REMARK
-147 (K9) STOP
+300 (K10) GO

and I´d like to put into remark the dot sign from wingdings2 font color

red
for STOP, otherwise dot signe from wingdigs font color green for GO

Pls help me how to combine together

Thanks / Juraj

Max

You're welcome !
Glad to hear it worked

As to your 2nd Q, it's usually best (and not just for good archiving / ease
of future reference) to put in as a new post, especially for unrelated
queries <g

Try Debra's post at: http://tinyurl.com/5xlen
--
Rgds
Max
"merlin68" wrote in message
Thanks Max, works really nice .. have a nice day from Slovakia .. Juraj
BTW: hav you got any experiences with pivot ?
I have one problem and not being able to find any answer:
- in pivot table I would appreciate to show me only rows f.e. without

zeros
in data column and I do not know how to do it ...

Max

Put in the adjacent cell M9: =CHAR(ROW($A$152))
Sorry, just put in M9: =CHAR(152)
should do it.
--
Rgds