Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default GETPIVOTDATA Reference

Hello All,

Is it possible to use a cell reference for the Data_Field argument of the
GETPIVOTDATA function? I keep getting the #REF! error when I try this.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

--
Scott S
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Of course you can reference cells! That function is a little tricky and it
takes some getting used to. Once you get acquainted with it though, you can
do some absolutely amazing things!! Check this out:
http://www.mefeedia.com/tags/getpivotdata

HTH,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"ScottS" wrote:

Hello All,

Is it possible to use a cell reference for the Data_Field argument of the
GETPIVOTDATA function? I keep getting the #REF! error when I try this.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

--
Scott S

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the help. I have used references for some time now but have run
into a problem with this particular spreadsheet. I have cell references in
place for the other references that work just fine, but the the Data_Field
argument will not work when I replace the text entry in the function with a
cell reference.

I'll keep working on it.

--
Scott S

"ScottS" wrote:

Hello All,

Is it possible to use a cell reference for the Data_Field argument of the
GETPIVOTDATA function? I keep getting the #REF! error when I try this.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

--
Scott S

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel 2007
For Data Field in GetPivotData() Use TEXT(MyRef,"@")
Other text operations like LEFT(MyRef,5) work too.
Other arguments in GetPivotData() don't have that problem.
See my formulas in Table4 he
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zb3nmywgtjz/01_23_09.xlsm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Herbert

Sorry for the extended delay in a reply -- thanks for this excellent
solution! I was running into problems using a reference for the data field
in my getpivotdata formula and using the TEXT function took care of it.
--
Scott S