Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple entries last date

Hi All, I have a column of customers with their corresponding visit date. I
need to find the last time I visited each customer.

Customer Date
A shop 1/1/9
A Garage 2/1/9
An Office 2/1/9
A Garage 5/2/9
A shop 5/2/9

etc.

Any helpmost appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

The dates look to be sorted so try this

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A2:A1000=A2),B2:B1000)

It will return a number which you must format as a date.

Mike