Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I can't get any IF statements to run in an Excel table

I have a table in Excel about 15X250 that is driving me crazy. I can perform
normal math functions like addition and multiplication inside the table.
However, I can't get it to run an IF statement to save my life. I have tried
several different IF statements so I know they are correct. Also, when I copy
something across the table, it doesn't advance the column identification. For
example, if I am referencing column D from column E and copy it to column H
it still references column D even though I did not lock the reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Curious statement that you make!
"I can't get it to run an IF statement to save my life" yet "I have tried
several different IF statements so I know they are correct". "If" you can't
run an IF statement how do you know they are correct?
To help somebody help you please show us the IF statements you can't "run" !
Perhaps the reason that the column letters will not change is that you have
incorrect syntax !