Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Pivot Table - Counting Unique Values within one column of da

The excel worksheet that I am using includes three columns. Column A, and
Column B contain numeric values that I wish to sum (no problem). However
column C includes an text string composed of alpha and numeric characters
some of which include the same ("Duplicate") Value. I wish to count the
number of Unique values in Column C.

For Example Column A includes Debits, Column B includes credits and Column C
includes account numbers. The information is at a transaction level with
multiple entries for the same account number. I wish to count the number of
Unique Account numbers. Is there a way that this can be done in an excel
pivot table?
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

You can't do it within the PT itself.
Add another column (D) to your source table with the following formula in D2
=IF(COUNTIF($C$2:C2,C2)=1,1,"")
and copy down.
In D1 give a header Unique_Code

Expand your PT source to include column D and add Sum of Unique_Code to the
data area

--
Regards
Roger Govier