Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Matching address with two seperate worksheets

I have two worksheets with names and address. How do I match these?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Christie
What do you mean by "match"? Do you want to compare the contents of one
sheet with that of the other sheet to find a match if there is one? What do
you want to happen or do when you find a match? HTH Otto
"Christie" wrote in message
I have two worksheets with names and address. How do I match these?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I want to compare the contents of one sheet to another. I need it to say YES
if the name and address matches the name and address of the other spreasheet
sheet. If it doesn't match to say no.

"Christie" wrote in message
I have two worksheets with names and address. How do I match these?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"Yes","No")
Use the AND function if you want to compare more than one pair of cells at a
time.
--
David Biddulph

"Christie" wrote in message
I have two worksheets with names and address. How do I match these?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Christie
Do you want to compare row 1 of one sheet to ONLY row 1 of the other
sheet or do you want to compare row 1 of one sheet to EVERY row of the other
sheet? If you want to compare to every row in the other sheet, where do you
want the Yes/No? Otto