Paula

Default do not allow rows broken

Using Excel 2002 here, anybody know how I can allow a user to move entire
rows around the worksheet, but not let them select only a portion of the row
only to move? I'm having trouble with people not selecting the entire row
when moving, then I have a mess.
Thanks, Paula
CLR

If your users are "moving entire rows around the worksheet", then that
probably means they are "grouping", or "sorting" the data to their
needs.........if that be the case, perhaps you can anticipate how they might
want the sorting done and set up macros with pushbuttons to do it for them,
thereby insuring the integrity of the data..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Paula" wrote in message
Using Excel 2002 here, anybody know how I can allow a user to move entire
rows around the worksheet, but not let them select only a portion of the

row
only to move? I'm having trouble with people not selecting the entire row
when moving, then I have a mess.
Thanks, Paula

Paula

They aren't actually sorting the data. They are making groups based on
criteria that I don't have access to. So instead of moving the entire row
(which would be what should happen) they are only moving part of the row
(like the first 4 cells and accidentally leaving the last 3 cells in the
row), and then I don't know where the rest of the row belongs. Do that make
sense? Any way to "lock" the row so that it cannot be disasembled?

"Paula" wrote in message
Using Excel 2002 here, anybody know how I can allow a user to move entire
rows around the worksheet, but not let them select only a portion of the

row
only to move? I'm having trouble with people not selecting the entire row
when moving, then I have a mess.
Thanks, Paula

CLR

I dunno, this is a weird problem........maybe just CONCATENATE all seven
cells of each row with spaces between, into one cell in column A and hide
the other columns and then just let them move those single cells with all
the data in them around.........
like insert a blank column A and put this in A1 and copy down........then do
Copy PasteSpecial Values to get rid of the formulas........

=B1&" "&C1&" "&D1&" "&E1&" "&F1&" "&G1&" "&H1

Then you could separate them out again when they finished, if need be, with
Data TextToColumns...

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3