Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excel 2003 - formatting cells - colour

There is a Windows (not Excel) setting which gives 'high-contrast' displays
on the monitor for those with sight problems. When this is on, colours are
not displayed on a worksheet.

I use this setting to give me clearer greyscale screen captures for books
that my publisher is too cheap to print in colour! I set it by right
clicking the desktop and opening Properties (are you in Windows XP or
Vista?)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"mikeey" wrote in message
When I format a cell - namely changing the colour of the font of filling
in a
colour - the change is now shown in the worksheet. However, it is shown on
the "print preview".

Why is it not shown in the worksheet? Do I need to change some settings