Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif Help

Hi,

I have a col contains numbers and the col also have duplicates. Now i want
to count how many duplicates against 1 value. This i can do with countif
easily but the important point is if the 1st value has duplicates then it
shud say the count in the 1st value and all other duplicate values shud be
blank. pls. refer the below example for better understanding,

Values Count Remarks
100 3 (Count of 100 in the col is 3)
101 2 (Count of 101 in the col is 2)
100 (100 is duplicate so the count shud be blank)
100 (100 is duplicate so the count shud be blank)
101 (100 is duplicate so the count shud be blank)
102 2 (Count of 102 in the col is 2)
103 1 (Count of 103 in the col is 1)
102 (102 is duplicate so the count shud be blank)
555 1 (555 there is no duplicates in the col and the count is
1)

I hope the above example helps to understand better. I request any one of
you to help me in this requirement.

Thanks in Advance

-Chr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Data in A1 down
In B1: =IF(COUNTIF(A$1:A1,A1)1,"",COUNTIF(A:A,A1))
Copy down to compute exactly as indicated
Pl remember to press the YES button below
--
Max
Singapore
"Christopher Naveen" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

B2: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A2),"",COUNTIF(A:A,A2))

copy down

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Christopher Naveen" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this in B2:

=IF(COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2)=1,COUNTIF(A:A,A2),"")

and copy this down.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 19, 9:34*am, Christopher Naveen
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome, Christopher - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Jan 19, 11:19*am, Christopher Naveen
wrote:
Thank u so much. it works fine.