Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP Formula Please help

I am working on a data entry scale
I have two sheets the first sheet is called scale
Scale= A1 Job Title
B1= Grade
C1= Benefits

And i have another sheet that is called aplicant for the job offer
What i need is

A1= Employee Name
B1= Job Title
C1= ??????????
I want whenever i write the job title i get the grade from Sheet
"scale" automaticly
I know that i should use VLOOK UP i am having an error

Please help

Best Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this in C1:
=VLOOKUP(B1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$100,2,FALSE)

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.