Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tom Tom is offline

Default Formula help?

I want to take A1:A10 and multiply by .585
then...
A:11:A20 multiplied by .55
= total result on A25

I went something like this....and it won't work:
=sum(a1:a5)*.585+(a11:a20)*.55

All I get is #VALUE and the help prompts do not help.
I am using Excel 2007

Any help appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Tom
You were close

=sum(a1:a5)*.585+sum(a11:a20)*.55

"Tom" wrote:

I want to take A1:A10 and multiply by .585
then...
A:11:A20 multiplied by .55
= total result on A25

I went something like this....and it won't work:
=sum(a1:a5)*.585+(a11:a20)*.55

All I get is #VALUE and the help prompts do not help.
I am using Excel 2007

Any help appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tom,

You were close, try this

=SUM(A1:A10)*0.585+SUM(A11:A20)*0.55

Mike

"Tom" wrote:

I want to take A1:A10 and multiply by .585
then...
A:11:A20 multiplied by .55