Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Changing the result of a formula to a real number.

Years ago, probably with Lotus123, I was able to convert a range of cells
that contained a simple formula to its resulting real number. ie. c3 is the
formula c1+c2 and displays the number 8 when c1=5 and c2=3. I am hoping
there is a way without reentering the number 8 to change c3 to 8. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try,

Right click and copy the cells(s)

then paste it (them) back over themselves with

Edit|Paste special - select values

OK

Mike

"coldindetroit" wrote:

Years ago, probably with Lotus123, I was able to convert a range of cells
that contained a simple formula to its resulting real number. ie. c3 is the
formula c1+c2 and displays the number 8 when c1=5 and c2=3. I am hoping
there is a way without reentering the number 8 to change c3 to 8. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select C3

CopyPaste Special(in place)ValuesOKEsc

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP