Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Merge and Center in Excel

I've been a long time excel user and just recently, I need to merge and
center a lot of selected cells. I do not use the mouse that often, so, is
there a keyboard shortcut for this?
Aside from: Ctrl+1, A, Alt+M, Alt+H+C.
I also don't need a VB code, I can make a VB code for this, but this
question is pure curiousity.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't believe there's a built in single stroke keyboard shortcut. As you
mention though, you could write a short code to your personal.xls file, and
tie that to a personalized keyboard shortcut, resulting in the same end
result.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Mykee Nodalo" wrote:

I've been a long time excel user and just recently, I need to merge and
center a lot of selected cells. I do not use the mouse that often, so, is
there a keyboard shortcut for this?
Aside from: Ctrl+1, A, Alt+M, Alt+H+C.
I also don't need a VB code, I can make a VB code for this, but this
question is pure curiousity.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I posted a question about a problem I was having, the problem was caused by
merged cells. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP sent the following reply:

Welcome to the wonderful world of merged cells which cause no end of
problems and should be banned from existence.

If cells are merged. the row will not autofit even with line-feeds and wrap
text enabled without using VBA. The Alt+Enter key combination was not
working in the vacinity of merged cells. Merged cells can also create other
problems.
Best practice, it was pointed out is to use "Center across selection". You
get the same effect, but not the problems of Merge and Center

marsh