Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Unexpected Result

Hi! All Expert

Today i have generate some data from our software.

This data look like Below mentioned

5555555555100025
5555555555100033
And so on.

But when i copy this Data in excel it show as:

5555555555100020 and so on

It replace the last digit with 0

And in some data it replace the last digit with 00 like below example

55555555551000030

I have never Seen this type of Unexpected Result in Excel

Please help me on this issue

Hardeep kanwar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel (and most other computer programs) use the IEEE convention for storing
numbers. This limits numbers to 15 digits precision.

I expect your data are not true numbers (in the sense that you need to do
math operations on them) but are actually just strings of digits (like a
credit card 'numbers'). So you can store them as text. Just format the cells
as Text before you paste. (There is no point formatting after the paste
since the information is lost)

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme