Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find Best Available time

OK, so I have a spreadsheet with many employees listed.

Each employee has columns for shift start time, break1 start time, break1
end time, lunch start, lunch end, break2 start and break2 end.

I also have a list of meeting times. Each meeting is 50 minutes long.

I am trying to use a formula that will look at all of the columns given and
find where the employee is not on a break or lunch, and is on their shift
that matches one of the meeting times. -Trying to enter meetigns without
moving breaks or lunches.

Is there any way to find this without using a godawful number of if
statements?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You don't need any "ifs"

Make a row for each employee.
Make a column for each of the 24 hours in a day

For each employee, go across the row placing a 1 in each cell that the
employee is available (not off-shift, not on break, not on lunch)

Then SUM(B:B) is the number of employees available from midnight to 1:00 AM

SUM(C:C) is the number of employees available from 1:00 AM to 2:00 AM

etc.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200826