Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple search criteria

I need to find an exact match from 2 or more search criterias. I tried
VLookup but it only searches one criteria.

For example, I need to find the Job No, based on the exact Serial No & Model.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can do this by inserting a new column in your lookup table and
then concatenating Serial No & Model in that new column. Then in your
VLOOKUP you use the new column and concatenate the two sought items
together.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 14, 9:18*am, jaysan3 wrote:
I need to find an exact match from 2 or more search criterias. I tried
VLookup but it only searches one criteria.

For example, I need to find the Job No, based on the exact Serial No & Model.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Pete,

That would not be possible as they are seperate data and used for other
reports too. I am still playing with Index or Match function but am stumped.