Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Or Function and #NA

I am using an OR function with two different VLookup function within each of
the Or logical statements. I know that one of the two Or logical arguments
will not return any data, but the other will. Because the one returns an
#NA, the whole formula returns #NA.

Here is the formula.

=OR(VLOOKUP(B3,'C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Desktop\[Model Summary -
Tamarac.xls]Model Level Reference
Codes'!$A$2:$D$291,4,FALSE),VLOOKUP(B3,'C:\Documen ts and
Settings\alex\Desktop\[Model Summary - Tamarac.xls]Model Level Reference
Codes'!$J$29:$K$38,2,FALSE))

Any help,
Biff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I believe I'd use a nested IF statement here, although that may not give the
results you want because if the first VLOOKUP() returns anything, then the
second one wouldn't be performed.

In any case, to prevent the N/A error, wrap up each VLOOKUP() like this

IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,'C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Desktop\[Model Summary -
Tamarac.xls]Model Level Reference
Codes'!$A$2:$D$291,4,FALSE),"",VLOOKUP(B3,'C:\Docu ments and
Settings\alex\Desktop\[Model Summary - Tamarac.xls]Model Level Reference
Codes'!$A$2:$D$291,4,FALSE))

that will cause an empty string to be returned when an #N/A would have been
returned without the wrap.