Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Import of informatoin and formatting in columns

I have a lot of repetitive/similar text that needs to be imported from a Word
document/text file into Excel. Part of it, I need the date and time
re-formatted so that it conforms to my requirement without causing an error
due to its uniqueness. Two other pieces need to be extracted into their own
columns.

Example of the file being imported from:

###.### (this is a number for a group where there may be as many as one or
more entries within the group)

DDhhmmZ (Z is for Zulu time/GMT) / ###.### (this number will correlate to
the ###.### at the head of the group)
Text1: This is the first line of text that needs to have its own column
Text2: This is the second line of text that needs to have its own column

The text may have numbers and symbols, so it would have to be generic text.

There are entries with UNKNOWN and UNK in place of the ###.###

With the DDhhmmZ, I need to have it re-formatted to look like YYYYMMDDhhmmZ,
where the date's year and month is pulled from a separate source. It could
be a cell at the beginning of the worksheet or elsewhere. Each document is
for a specific year and month.

On the worksheet, Im looking to have it as such:

[###.###][YYYYMMDDhhmm?][Text1][Text2]

Any ideas or formulas that I'd have to use to accomplish this?