Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default inserting rows for month end dates.!

On Jan 11, 8:02*pm, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:
I think you are getting an extra row between June 30th and July 20th... June
30th is already the last day of the month.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

Public Sub ProcessData()
Const TEST_COLUMN As String = "A" * *'<=== change to suit
Dim i As Long
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim nMonths As Long

* *With ActiveSheet

* * * *LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, TEST_COLUMN).End(xlUp).Row
* * * *For i = LastRow - 1 To 2 Step -1

* * * * * *nMonths = DateDiff("m", .Cells(i, TEST_COLUMN)..Value, .Cells(i
+ 1, TEST_COLUMN).Value)
* * * * * *If nMonths 0 Then .Rows(i + 1).Resize(nMonths)..Insert
* * * *Next i

* *End With

__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"via135" wrote in message
On Jan 11, 7:17 pm, via135 wrote:
On Jan 11, 6:37 pm, via135 wrote:

hi all

i am having a list of dates "dd/mm/yyyy" format in col A as under::

1/1/2009
5/1/2009
10/2/2009
15/6/2009
30/6/2009
20/7/2009
10/9/2009
1/1/2010

what i want is to inset row for each month end dates.upto the end of
data range..?!
any hlp?

-via135

yes..i am getting the rows inserted only for the months available in
the data.
but i need rows tobe inserted for all months which are not figured in
the data also.
for instance.. i need 3 rows tobe inserted btw
10/2/2009 &
15/6/2009

hope u understand Mike..!

-via135

oops..indeed 4 rows for feb,mar,apr & may

-via135

***I think you are getting an extra row between June 30th and July
20th... June
30th is already the last day of the month. ***

i've given that 30th Jun for meaningful purpose only.!
now i am telling clearly..
the purpose is to apply interest portion on the last day of every
month.
there may be another transaction on the last day other than interest
application..!
that's why i got full satisfaction with the codes!
hope u all three catch my point..!

-via135