Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default counting the number of attributes/numbers in a cell

Is there a way I could count how many numbers are in a cell:

example:

in cell A1 I have a number: 50153,25 now id like to count how many
numers are in the cell so the result should be 7 (the numers are
5015325 =7 numbers)

Is there a way to do this? tnx for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the number is in cell A1 then

=LEN(A1)

Even though the number is formatted with a comma, the actual length is still
only the number of numerals because the comma is only a formatting character
and is not counted.

OssieMac

"Mortir" wrote:

Is there a way I could count how many numbers are in a cell:

example:

in cell A1 I have a number: 50153,25 now id like to count how many
numers are in the cell so the result should be 7 (the numers are
5015325 =7 numbers)

Is there a way to do this? tnx for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have had another look and I have misinterpreted. Try the following instead
where the number is in cell A1

=LEN(TRIM(REPLACE(A1,FIND(",",A1,1),1,"")))

OssieMac

"Mortir" wrote:

Is there a way I could count how many numbers are in a cell:

example:

in cell A1 I have a number: 50153,25 now id like to count how many
numers are in the cell so the result should be 7 (the numers are
5015325 =7 numbers)

Is there a way to do this? tnx for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Mortir" wrote:
Is there a way I could count how many numbers are in a cell:

example:

in cell A1 I have a number: 50153,25 now id like to count how many
numers are in the cell so the result should be 7 (the numers are
5015325 =7 numbers)

Is there a way to do this? tnx for your help- Hide quoted text -

WoW!! Great, works perfect. Tnx very much!!!