Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default help with formula

Col A Col B

John Doe

I'd like to combine John Doe in column A and B. When create a formula like
=A1 & B1, the result 'Johndoe' without space. What I like to space in
between.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Soth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can put anything you want between the two items, for example

=A1&", "&B1

You can also use the much longer and no more useful

=CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1)

function

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Soth" wrote:

Col A Col B

John Doe

I'd like to combine John Doe in column A and B. When create a formula like
=A1 & B1, the result 'Johndoe' without space. What I like to space in
between.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Soth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When I type in the formula and press enter, it only spaces down a line and
doesn't perform the function of the formula.
rusty

"PCLIVE" wrote:

=A1 & " " & B1

HTH,
Paul

--

"Soth" wrote in message

Col A Col B

John Doe

I'd like to combine John Doe in column A and B. When create a formula like
=A1 & B1, the result 'Johndoe' without space. What I like to space in
between.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Soth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If by "spaces down a line" you mean that it just advances to the next cell
and just leaves the formula displayed in the cell, then your cell is
probably formatted as text.

Right-click the cell, select Format cells. On the Number tab, change the
Category to "General".
Click OK.
Now with the cell still selected, press F2 and then Enter.

Does that help?

Regards,
Paul

--

"rusty" wrote in message
When I type in the formula and press enter, it only spaces down a line and
doesn't perform the function of the formula.
rusty

"PCLIVE" wrote:

=A1 & " " & B1

HTH,