Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with percentages

Hello,

I have a list of percentages (cell formatted to percent) that I need to find
averages over four fiscal weeks; occasionaly, I have an month with five
fiscal weeks. Important: The formula needs to drop the fifth week when it is
not used. I tried using the COUNTIF function but it would not allow me to
include the one week that had no percentage.

Examples below:

One possible column: Based on a Four week entry, with fifth week entry NOT
COUNTED, but still have to count third week entry. How do you not count the
fifth week in the entry if no information has been entered?

66.43%
34.78%
0.00%
34.35%
0.00%

Second possible column: Five week entry with no second week entry but still
need to count second week entry in the average.

66.43%
0.00%
45.58%%
34.35%
29.49%

I need to average these percentages and occasionally drop the fifth week in
the fiscal month.

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can't you just leave the bottom cell blank if it is only a 4-week
month (but enter 0.0% for all other weeks, as shown), and then you can
use AVERAGE over the 5 cells.

Hope this helps.

Pete