Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to freeze 1 or more CELLS in spreadsheet?

I am trying to freeze 3 different separate cells in a spreadsheet. Is it
possible and if so, how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Try using the Camera Tool to show the contents of the cells at a fixed
location at the to of your sheet, above a WindowsFreeze panes area.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Bigdog" wrote in message
I am trying to freeze 3 different separate cells in a spreadsheet. Is it
possible and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

I am trying to freeze 3 different separate cells in a spreadsheet.
Is it possible and if so, how?

Some other thoughts.
Do you mean ...

Freeze = kill the formulas in the 3 cells
via "in-place" copy n paste special as values ?

or

Freeze = protect the cell(s)
via protecting the sheet (ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet) after setting only
the 3 cells with the "Locked" status checked in FormatCellsProtection tab
(and with the rest of the sheet unlocked). The sequence to set it would be to
select the entire sheet, uncheck the default "Locked" first, then CTRL+select
only the 3 cells, check "Locked". Then apply sheet protection.
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can't you just have simple links to those cells positioned in the top
row, and then use the Freeze Panes facility to have the top row always
visible?

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 8, 12:14*pm, Bigdog wrote:
Maybe I used the wrong term - by "freeze" I am trying to have three separate
cells float or remain in place as I scroll down the page much like the freeze
pane works. *

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cannot be done like you would "freeze panes"

See Pete_UK's solution.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP