Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default export cells to print in avery 5167 format

I have setup an excel 2003 worksheet with number from 1 - 7000 (one number per cell). I am looking to find a way to either:
1) export the information to word to be printed in avery 5167 format
2) print in avery 5167 format directly from excel 2003

Any time I try to just the mail merege function in word 2003 I can not get the data to populate.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

James,

Put a title (like Numbers) in cell A1, then the number 1-7000 down column A, and use that sheet as the basis of your mail merge. On Step 4 of the mail merge wizard, you will need to select your item (Numbers) from the "More items" option.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"James" wrote in message ...
I have setup an excel 2003 worksheet with number from 1 - 7000 (one number per cell). I am looking to find a way to either:
1) export the information to word to be printed in avery 5167 format
2) print in avery 5167 format directly from excel 2003

Any time I try to just the mail merege function in word 2003 I can not get the data to populate.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can do a mail merge from Word, but Excel is not really designed to do
this. Best help would come if you posted this to the Word newsgroups.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"James" wrote:

I have setup an excel 2003 worksheet with number from 1 - 7000 (one number per cell). I am looking to find a way to either:
1) export the information to word to be printed in avery 5167 format
2) print in avery 5167 format directly from excel 2003

Any time I try to just the mail merege function in word 2003 I can not get the data to populate.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi again,

Here is one step by step approach:

1. Make sure all of your columns have 1 row of titles for example
A B C D
FN LN City State Zip
Shane Devenshire Walnut Creek CA 94598
Marsha Devenshire Walnut Creek CA 33333
Timmy Devenshire Wonderland CA 43567

2. Select the entire range of data, with titles and name it - choose Insert,
Name, Define, and enter Data in the Names in workbook box. You can use any
name you want but I am using "Data" in this example.
3. Save the file.
4. Open Word
5. Choose Tools, Letters and Mailings, Mail Merge
6. In Step 1 of the wizard pick Labels and click Next: Starting document
7. In Step 2 click Label options, pick your label and click OK
8. Click Next: Select recipients
9. In Step 3 pick Use an existing list
10. Click Browse and change the Files of type to Excel Files (*.xls)
11. Search for and select your Excel file and click Open
12. In the Select Table dialog box your range name will be listed, (Data)
pick it and click OK.
13. In the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box there is nothing require, all
rows will be checked, if you want to exclude an entry uncheck it. Click OK.
14. Click Next: Arrange your labels
15. Click Address block...
16. Click Match Fields (If you used standard names in Excel for each field
Word may have guessed each field but probalby not.)
17. Open the drop down to the right and find the field name from Excel that
you want to use in that position. Repeat for any fields you want. Then
click OK twice.
18. Click Update all labels (ignore the looks)
19. Click Next: Preview your labels.
20. Click Next: Complete the Merge
21. Click Print or display the Mail Merge toolbar (choose View, Toolbars,
Mail Merge) and choose Merge to New Document (4th button from the right)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire