Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I want to link totals on multiple worksheets into one total

I have a workbook that has multiple pages. I want to link each subtotal on
each worksheet to a grand total at the end of the workbook. I have tried
different things and have not been able to accomplish it. Can someone help
me with it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can create a 3d range and reference it that way...are the subotals
on each sheet in the same cell? (Hopefully).

If so, go to your totals page and click on the cell where you want this
GRAND TOTAL to appear.

Type =SUM(

Click the tab on the FIRST sheet at the beginning of your workbook,
then hold down the SHIFT key as you click the LAST sheet with subtotals,
then finally click on the Cell itself.

The result will look something like this:

=SUM('Sheet1:Sheet4'!H12)

That's a 3D reference, it adds cell H12 in all the sheets from Sheet1
through Sheet4.

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

They are not in the same cell at this point but I can make them the same cell
number. If I had information, will the information continue to update? The
information you have given is helpful so far and I'll try that. Thanks.

"hugablek" wrote:

I have a workbook that has multiple pages. I want to link each subtotal on
each worksheet to a grand total at the end of the workbook. I have tried
different things and have not been able to accomplish it. Can someone help
me with it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Post it up and we'll take a look.

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=46252

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are your sheetnames the standard sheet1, sheet2 etc. or unique names?

One way around unique names is to add a dummy sheet at the beginning then
add a dummy sheet before Summary sheet.

Name these Start and End.

Formula in Summary sheet is then =SUM(Start:End!H12)

When inserting new sheets, insert between Start and End.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP