Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Flow data from one workbook to another

I have two spreadsheets that basically track the same thing but have to have
two different formats and slightly different information. Is it possible to
set up the lesser of the two to just auto pull the information when I enter
it into the larger of the two...Here is an example of my info.

Spreadsheet 1 (larger of the two - I would be doing actual data entry on
this one)
A B C D E
Ship Date Customer Load # Weight Reference #
02-Jan-09 Bob COL001 5,000 ABC
02-Jan-09 Sally COL002 7,500 123

Spreadsheet 2 (only need to bring over certain columns of information based
upon the value in the LOAD # column of original spreadsheet - value will NOT
always be unique, it will have duplicates)
A B C
Load # Ship Date Customer
COL001 02-Jan-09 Bob
COL002 02-Jan-09 Sally

Any ideas???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Standard LOOKUP function.

After entering a Load #, the following formula can lookup the rest:

Date:
=LOOKUP(A2,[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$D$2:$D$1000,[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$A$2:$A$1000

Customer:
=LOOKUP(A2,[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$D$2:$D$1000,[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$C$2:$C$1000

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73