Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple lines of type in one row?

Is it possible to put 2 or more lines of type in one row in excel 2007?
I have tried auto-fit row height and it makes no difference. I have
also manually made the row taller, but it still only accepts 1 row of
type at the bottom of the row. When I press the enter key, my cursor goes to
the
next row instead of allowing a 2nd line of type in the row I am in. Thanks
Larry
--
ldl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 15:33:01 -0800, DMD guy
wrote:

Is it possible to put 2 or more lines of type in one row in excel 2007?
I have tried auto-fit row height and it makes no difference. I have
also manually made the row taller, but it still only accepts 1 row of
type at the bottom of the row. When I press the enter key, my cursor goes to
the
next row instead of allowing a 2nd line of type in the row I am in. Thanks
Larry

Press the ALT-key when you hit the ENTER-key and you will continue on
a new line but in the same cell.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Besides Alt+Enter you might find Wrap Text to be useful. Select the cell
and choose Format, Cells, Alignment tab, Wrap text.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"DMD guy" wrote:

Is it possible to put 2 or more lines of type in one row in excel 2007?
I have tried auto-fit row height and it makes no difference. I have
also manually made the row taller, but it still only accepts 1 row of
type at the bottom of the row. When I press the enter key, my cursor goes to
the
next row instead of allowing a 2nd line of type in the row I am in. Thanks
Larry
--
ldl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The Alt+enter thing helped me with one of two issues, Thanks.

My issue is that I am creating a sort of "form" and want to format a cell so
that when someone is typing in it and they move on the cell automatically
expands it's height to fit the text. If this isn't possible it would be nice
to be able to teach them to just go to Format-Auto fit height, but when I do
this and a cell is selected, the only thing that happens is that my row
height is "reset" to standard height (12.75 or whatever).

Any help would be much appreciated! Gracias.

wrote:

Is it possible to put 2 or more lines of type in one row in excel 2007?
I have tried auto-fit row height and it makes no difference. I have
also manually made the row taller, but it still only accepts 1 row of
type at the bottom of the row. When I press the enter key, my cursor goes to
the
next row instead of allowing a 2nd line of type in the row I am in. Thanks
Larry

Press the ALT-key when you hit the ENTER-key and you will continue on
a new line but in the same cell.

Hope this helps / Lars-Ã…ke