Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Round to a particular tolerance

Hi All,

Is there a way to round to an even numbers, or odd. It doesn't really
matter. Basically this is what I need:

120=120
121=120
121.999=120
122=122
123=122
124=124
125=124
126=126
127=126
128=128
129=128
130=130

or maybe even change it later to
120 to 122.999 = 120
123 to 125.999 = 123
etc...

the one catch is, it must round down to that number. When I looked at
'rounddown' it only rounds to 1, 10, 100 etc. unless I am wrong

thanks
Chad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Chad wrote:
Hi All,

Is there a way to round to an even numbers, or odd. It doesn't really
matter. Basically this is what I need:

120=120
121=120
121.999=120
122=122
123=122
124=124
125=124
126=126
127=126
128=128
129=128
130=130

=ROUNDDOWN(A1/2,0)*2

or maybe even change it later to
120 to 122.999 = 120
123 to 125.999 = 123
etc...

=ROUNDDOWN(A1/3,0)*3

the one catch is, it must round down to that number. When I looked at
'rounddown' it only rounds to 1, 10, 100 etc. unless I am wrong

thanks
Chad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=MROUND(A1-1,2)

This assumes your numbers start in cell A1. This is an analysis toolpak
function, so if you are using 2003 or earlier, choose Tools, Add-ins, and
check the Analysis ToolPak.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire