Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default matching data to dates - please help

Hi all,

I'm having trouble finding the best way of acheiving this, hoping someone
can advise.

In column A I have a date range of 1/2/07 to present
In column B I have data corresponding to column A
In column D I have dates on odd days between 1/2/07 to present
In column E I have data corresponding to column D.

I want to have the data in column E in column C where the date in column A
matches a value in column D.

For example, cell A5 matches D2, therefore in C5 I want the value in E2
cell A12 matches D3, therefore in C12 I want the value in E3.

Can anyone help please? I want the other cells in column C to be empty.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,D$1:E$100,2,0),"",VLOOKUP(A1,D $1:E$100,2,0))

Enter this in C1 and copy it down.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Marty" wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having trouble finding the best way of acheiving this, hoping someone
can advise.

In column A I have a date range of 1/2/07 to present
In column B I have data corresponding to column A
In column D I have dates on odd days between 1/2/07 to present
In column E I have data corresponding to column D.

I want to have the data in column E in column C where the date in column A
matches a value in column D.

For example, cell A5 matches D2, therefore in C5 I want the value in E2
cell A12 matches D3, therefore in C12 I want the value in E3.

Can anyone help please? I want the other cells in column C to be empty.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Many thanks Shane, I just tried it and it said the formula contains an error
with the two speech marks in the middle?
I tried changing it (adding a comma etc) and still couldn't get it to work.

Please can you advise?

Thanks again for your help.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote in
message ...

"Marty" wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having trouble finding the best way of acheiving this, hoping someone
can advise.

In column A I have a date range of 1/2/07 to present
In column B I have data corresponding to column A
In column D I have dates on odd days between 1/2/07 to present
In column E I have data corresponding to column D.

I want to have the data in column E in column C where the date in column
matches a value in column D.

For example, cell A5 matches D2, therefore in C5 I want the value in E2
cell A12 matches D3, therefore in C12 I want the value in E3.

Can anyone help please? I want the other cells in column C to be empty.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Lost that second ) sorry.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Marty" wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having trouble finding the best way of acheiving this, hoping someone
can advise.

In column A I have a date range of 1/2/07 to present
In column B I have data corresponding to column A
In column D I have dates on odd days between 1/2/07 to present
In column E I have data corresponding to column D.

I want to have the data in column E in column C where the date in column
matches a value in column D.

For example, cell A5 matches D2, therefore in C5 I want the value in E2
cell A12 matches D3, therefore in C12 I want the value in E3.

Can anyone help please? I want the other cells in column C to be empty.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No problem, I don't have a Yes button to click on though? Using Outlook
Express 6?

"Shane Devenshire" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

Lost that second ) sorry.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Marty" wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having trouble finding the best way of acheiving this, hoping
someone
can advise.

In column A I have a date range of 1/2/07 to present
In column B I have data corresponding to column A
In column D I have dates on odd days between 1/2/07 to present
In column E I have data corresponding to column D.

I want to have the data in column E in column C where the date in
column
matches a value in column D.

For example, cell A5 matches D2, therefore in C5 I want the value in
E2
cell A12 matches D3, therefore in C12 I want the value in E3.

Can anyone help please? I want the other cells in column C to be
empty.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ignore the bit about the Yes button. There are a a number of people on the
newsgroup who seem to assume that everyone is using the strange (and
unreliable) Microsoft web interface to the newsgroup. Those of us who
access the newsgroup directly have to learn to ignore these frustrating
requests to use a non-existent button.
--
David Biddulph