Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data Form

How would I create a data form which opens/appears upon opening of spreadsheet?
--
Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jeff,

1) Open the visual basic editor (ALT + F11)
2) in the right pane you will see your vBA projects
3) Select your VBA project (for exampe VBAProject (Book1)) from the right
side pane and right click
4) Select Insert - Userform
5) Built your userform
6) To have the userform displayed each time the workbook is opened goto the
Microfsoft Excel Object called "ThisWorkbook"
7) in the codepane select Workbook (from the upper left corner) and select
Open from the upper right combobox
8) put the following code the
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

HTH,

Brotha lee

"Jeff" wrote:

How would I create a data form which opens/appears upon opening of spreadsheet?
--
Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, that helps alot.

However, I need help making the form it appears.

From the spreadsheet where I have all the data, I can go to form, data, and
a form appears from which I can enter data.

This is what I would like to do from the form I create. I would like to
have several fields, with data valadation in place.

Thanks.
--
Jeff

"Jeff" wrote:

How would I create a data form which opens/appears upon opening of spreadsheet?
--
Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you don't need a specialized form you could use the built in Data Form
from the Data menu.

If you want it to open automatically then add this bit of code to the OPEN
event of the workbook in VB

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
End Sub

Mike

"Jeff" wrote:

Thanks, that helps alot.

However, I need help making the form it appears.

From the spreadsheet where I have all the data, I can go to form, data, and