Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Do not prompt to update links--Excel 2000

I would like to have the ability to update links manually, as well, without a
prompt at startup.

In the <edit <links.. menu, there is an option to update manual, however,
it is greyed.

I am unsure how to allow.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Edit, Links is grayed out because there are no links in the file you are in.
Open a file with links and try again.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Terry" wrote:

I would like to have the ability to update links manually, as well, without a
prompt at startup.

In the <edit <links.. menu, there is an option to update manual, however,
it is greyed.

I am unsure how to allow.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Shane,
Thank you. However, there are links inside the file.
I have an entire worksheet of data linked.

So when I go into <edt<links, at the bottom of the window you can specify
automatic or manual.. The manual selection is locked.

"Terry" wrote:

I would like to have the ability to update links manually, as well, without a
prompt at startup.

In the <edit <links.. menu, there is an option to update manual, however,
it is greyed.

I am unsure how to allow.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have the exact same problem - I can't find any answers online in forums.

there are 2 source files (or type worksheet) shown in the links window, and
the Manual option for updating is greyed out.

I want to make updating the data a manual process... How can I do that?

Brett

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Terry" wrote:

I would like to have the ability to update links manually, as well, without a
prompt at startup.

In the <edit <links.. menu, there is an option to update manual, however,
it is greyed.

I am unsure how to allow.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm having the same problem as described by Brett. I have two other
workbooks linked (both of which are presently closed) and the Manaul update
option is grayed out. I want to be able to update manually. I would
greatley appreciate any ideas.

"Brett" wrote:

I have the exact same problem - I can't find any answers online in forums.

there are 2 source files (or type worksheet) shown in the links window, and
the Manual option for updating is greyed out.

I want to make updating the data a manual process... How can I do that?

Brett

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire