Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Insert a date that does not update if a condition is true

Hey and thanks in advance

I need to insert the current date and time into a cell (that will not update
again) IF another cell is not empty:

IF(C30,NOW()," ")

However, this formula allows the date and time to update each time the
workbook functions update. I need the date to be fixed.

Thx!
--
FirstVette52
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You will probably have to consider a macro. Do you want to code this?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"FirstVette52" wrote:

Hey and thanks in advance

I need to insert the current date and time into a cell (that will not update
again) IF another cell is not empty:

IF(C30,NOW()," ")

However, this formula allows the date and time to update each time the
workbook functions update. I need the date to be fixed.

Thx!
--
FirstVette52

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Try changing the NOW in the formula to TODAY

HTH
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button below

Thank You

cheers, francis

"FirstVette52" wrote:

Hey and thanks in advance

I need to insert the current date and time into a cell (that will not update
again) IF another cell is not empty:

IF(C30,NOW()," ")

However, this formula allows the date and time to update each time the
workbook functions update. I need the date to be fixed.

Thx!
--
FirstVette52

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See this:

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"FirstVette52" <(My User name is Firstvette 52, too) firstvet52@(my ISP
E-mail provider is) netzero.com wrote in message
Hey and thanks in advance

I need to insert the current date and time into a cell (that will not
update
again) IF another cell is not empty:

IF(C30,NOW()," ")

However, this formula allows the date and time to update each time the
workbook functions update. I need the date to be fixed.

Thx!
--
FirstVette52

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you try that, Francis? What makes you think that TODAY() doesn't update
when NOW() does?

The OP needs a macro solution.
--
David Biddulph

"FirstVette52" wrote:

Hey and thanks in advance

I need to insert the current date and time into a cell (that will not
update
again) IF another cell is not empty:

IF(C30,NOW()," ")

However, this formula allows the date and time to update each time the
workbook functions update. I need the date to be fixed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The cell needs to contain a 'Date/Time Stamp', so the TODAY() function is not
an option (always stamps the time as midnight).

Yes please, I would appreciate help with the code. I'm not a VBA Coder but I
understand it somewhat. Thank you both for your help! Greatly appreciated.
--
FirstVette52

"FirstVette52" wrote:

Hey and thanks in advance

I need to insert the current date and time into a cell (that will not update
again) IF another cell is not empty:

IF(C30,NOW()," ")

However, this formula allows the date and time to update each time the
workbook functions update. I need the date to be fixed.

Thx!
--
FirstVette52

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

This works for C3 onlt, if you want a alrger range then post back. Right
click your sheet tab, view code and paste this in

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Target.Address = "$C$3" And _
Target.Value 0 And _
IsNumeric(Target) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Offset(, 1).Value = Now
Application.EnableEvents = True

Mike

"FirstVette52" wrote:

Hey and thanks in advance

I need to insert the current date and time into a cell (that will not update
again) IF another cell is not empty:

IF(C30,NOW()," ")

However, this formula allows the date and time to update each time the
workbook functions update. I need the date to be fixed.

Thx!
--
FirstVette52

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The cell holding the Date is C4 (it looks at C3, IF(C3 0, ...date..., " ")).

This would be for cells in Rows 4, 6, 8, 10, & 12; Columns C thru G, looking
at the cell directly above. -Thx!
--
FirstVette52

"FirstVette52" wrote:

Hey and thanks in advance

I need to insert the current date and time into a cell (that will not update
again) IF another cell is not empty:

IF(C30,NOW()," ")

However, this formula allows the date and time to update each time the
workbook functions update. I need the date to be fixed.

Thx!
--
FirstVette52

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Here is some sample code:

Dim isect As Range
Set isect = Application.Intersect(Target, Range("C3"))
If Not isect Is Nothing Then
IF [C3]<"" Then
[A1]=Now
Else
[A1]=""

An FYI: in formulas where you want to display blank use "" not " ".