Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find Max Difference

So, hoping I can explain this tersely.

Let's say today is the 15th of January.

I have records such as the below.

Col A Col B Col C
Rep Names Event Date of Event
Bob EventA 1/1/09
Sally EventA 1/5/09
Bob EventB 1/6/09
Bob EventA 1/7/09
Sally EventA 1/12/09

I have a separate table with each rep name in column A

The report will be only for the month of January.

In column B, I want to know, for each rep, the maximum number of days
between EventA.

So, for Bob, it would be 8. This because he had an EventA on 1/7, and today
is 1/15. So, I know we need to use the DAY() function within to determine
current day of month.

For Sally, the number would be 7 since eventA was 5th and 12th.

I know the formula would have to basically figure out that, 15("today"'s day
of month)-7 = 8, 7-1 = 6 kind of thing. Seems like an array formula.

Hoping this wasn't overly complex to read... Let me know if any questions,
and thank you in advance for any attempts!