-   -   Subtotal withouth subtotaling (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/214707-subtotal-withouth-subtotaling.html)

rrodriguezdiaz30

Subtotal withouth subtotaling

I would like to know if there is a formula that would return subtotals from a
table. Let me explain. I have a payroll report with names of employees,
dates of payments, deductions etc. I would not want to change the order of
the table as it is updated with every week's payroll. But I'd like to
generate a report from it that'd give me year to date information, per
employee. Hope I'm not complicating my life too much?

Thanks
--
Roberto

Don Guillett

Subtotal withouth subtotaling

You don't give enough detail and layout. So, google for
sumproduct:excel

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"rrodriguezdiaz30" wrote in
message ...
I would like to know if there is a formula that would return subtotals from
table. Let me explain. I have a payroll report with names of employees,
dates of payments, deductions etc. I would not want to change the order
of
the table as it is updated with every week's payroll. But I'd like to
generate a report from it that'd give me year to date information, per
employee. Hope I'm not complicating my life too much?

Thanks
--
Roberto

Herbert Seidenberg

Subtotal withouth subtotaling

Excel 2007
YTD subtotals without formulas, code or reformatting.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q2zlwuoljji/12_26_08.xlsx

Shane Devenshire

Subtotal withouth subtotaling

Hi,

You can use the SUMIF funtion:

=SUMIF(A$1:A$100,M1,B$1:B$100)

Where A1:A100 contains the employee, B1:B100 contains the payment and M1
contains the employee you want to sum for. Enter all the employees in
M1:M10 for example and copy the formula down.

Cheer,
Shane Devenshire

"rrodriguezdiaz30" wrote in
message ...