Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jon Jon is offline

Default Work Calendar

I am a fire fighter and i only work every other day. is there a way to get
excel to color the dates that i work automaticly?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In general, the answer to your question is "yes", but you haven't given us
anywhere near enough information for us to tell you how for your particular
situation. For example, when you say "every other day", to you mean (as an
example) Monday, Wednesday and Friday for each week, or do you mean you
don't have any days off except those "in between days" so your schedule
would be Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday,
Monday, etc.? If the later, then you will also have to tell us one of your
actual work dates so we have a starting point to calculate from. So... what
is your actual work days? Also, where are these dates that you want colored
in located at (that is, what row or column and which cells in that row or
column)?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Jon" wrote in message
I am a fire fighter and i only work every other day. is there a way to get
excel to color the dates that i work automaticly?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Without much info (actually any info) try this

To conditionally format your cell(s): In both examples, A15 is the first
cell with a date. If this formula colors the wrong cells simply change it
to read =MOD(A15,2)=0

In 2003:
1. Select the cells you want to format
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting
3. Choose Formula is from the first drop down
4. In the second box enter the formula:
=MOD(A15,2)
5. Click the Format button
6. Choose a color on the Patterns tab (or any available option)
7. Click OK twice.

In 2007:
1. Highlight all the cells on the rows you want formatted
2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Choose Use a formula to determine which cell to format
4. In the Format values where this formula is true enter the following
formula:
=MOD(A15,2)
5. Click the Format button and choose a format.
6. Click OK twice

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire