Metolius Dad

Default Stopwatch

I've got three sons I like to watch bike race.
Is there a way I can make a timer for the laptop in Excel that I use as
follows:
Press 'S' at the starting gun. Press '1' each time son 1 completes a lap
and place that lap time in a column, with the previous lap times. Be able to
do the same during the same race with the other sons, 2 and 3.
What kind of time resolution can I expect i.e. 1/10sec? 1/100sec?

I understand that this is a very general question, but if it seems like a
do-able project I can come back to the group later to ask specifics.

Thanks for being there.
Sam Beardsley

Bernie Deitrick

Sam,

I wrote a simple spreadsheet that does just that, where the time is entered
for each lap by selecting a cell in a table. If you want to try that
version, contact me privately (take the spaces out of my email address,
change the at to @ and the dot to .), and let me know how many laps you need
to record.

HTH,
Bernie