Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help! Replacing Existing Information with New Entries

I am trying to come up with a way to automatically update current cell values
when I make a new entry for my spread sheet. For example, I have a
comprehensive list of numbers that represent miles of vechiles in several
different worksheets and I need to always display the most current mileage
from each vechile on the front page. However whenever I make a new entry, I
need that new number to replace the old value on the front page. I know how
to link the cells from the other worksheets to the front page, however what I
can't figure out is how to make it so that I can simply type in the latest
entry, and have it automatically update into another cell on the front page.
So my question is, does anyone know how to automatically replace current,
existing numbers in a cell with a new more recent entry???? I want it to be
so that I can keep updating the info regularly, but without having to worry
about always typing in the most current milage in the front page, I want this
to happen automatically whenever there is a new entry.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=LOOKUP(99^99,Sheet2!A:A)

Will return the last numeric value in column A from Sheet2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 08:57:00 -0800, Zquip
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hey thanks! That seemed to work, however I am still having problems with it.
When I input that formula it is indeed returning the last value for that
row, however when I enter a new value it does not update, instead it stays
with the old value. Is there anyway to have it automatically update to the
last value whenever a new one is entered?

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First...............The formula returns the last numeric entry in Column A,
not for "that row".

Second...........Perhaps you have Calculation set to Manual under
ToolsOptionsCalculation?

Gord