Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom tom is offline

Default Lookup help

In Excel I need to do a lookup function that derives its results from the
intersection of a row and Column for a grade equivalent. It is a combined
math test score that takes the
Score from the math computation section as it is displayed horizontally
across the top of the table and then checks against the score from the
applied mathematics section that is displayed vertically down a column. The
intersection of that row and column give a grade equivalent. How can I make
the lookup check both horizontal and vertical sections and return a score?
Any information will be appreciated

Thanks

tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assumptions:
Math computation score in A2, applied math in A3, table in B1:Z100 (with
labels in row 1, column b)

=INDEX(C2:Z100,MATCH(A3,B2:B100),MATCH(A3,C1:Z1))

Index allows exactly what you asked, an intersection of row number with
column number.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M